My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

This blog is a record of events in the life of Joseph Taggart and his family since his spinal cord injury while body surfing in Guatemala in January 2006.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Fred and Eulalie's Family Fest

Taggart Reunion
This weekend was the Fred and Eulalie Taggart Family Reunion held every other year. This year near Morgan (Taggart roots) at the Tifie Ranch. It was a wonderful location and a well organized and fun reunion. Only Tim's aunt LaRee Scott was there representing the children's generation. The first-cousins all gathered for a photo on Saturday.

Tim and Gloria spoke on Friday night, sharing family experiences and relating experiences of the older generations. Tim's talk was entitled "Called To Do Things We Think We Just Can't Do" it comes from an experience of his grandmother who when she heard of a neighbor taking in a 12 year old to raise said: "Well I would never take another's child to raise, those that want them can have them, I don't want them." Her father said in reply, "You don't know what you would do."

Grandmother who was nursing her 6 week old baby girl at the time, relates that about 11 PM that very night a knock came at her door. There stood a ward member with a newborn baby girl. The baby's mother was in convulsions and they needed someone to take the baby and nurse it and care for it. Grandmother relates: "Well the first thing that came to me was what I had said that day, I wouldn't take someone else (It struck me right in the face.) Well I just reached out my arms and took that tiny little thing and said, 'yes and I will do all I can.'" She said, "Well I took it and loved it and done all I could till it was 3 months old, I gave it a good start. . . We should be very careful what we say because we may be called to do the things we think we just can't do." Applies to all of us doesn't it? (The photo on the left above is of little Anne Beck when she was a young girl).

Sleep-Over
Tim did a sleep study at a facility this week to see if he has a sleeping disorder. With a hundred electronic probes and being video recorded all night . . . there was definite disorder in his sleep . . . induced! In his opinion the Celestial kingdom will include no bothersome time for sleep. There are too many things to learn and to do to waste it snoring.


1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Harward said...

I lived in Henefer when I was a little girl, I remember all the times we drove down to Morgan, driving past Taggerts place. They had some wild animals there, you could stop and see...was that your family?

Aug 9, 2009, 9:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page